Sharing USCIS designation of TPS for Nepal:
|TPS To Terminate On:||June 24, 2019|
|Registration Period for People Who Already Have TPS:||May 22, 2018 through July 23, 2018|
|Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Auto-Extended Through:||Dec. 21, 2018|
|Continuous Residence Date in U.S. Since:||June 24, 2015|
|Continuous Physical Presence in U.S. Since:||June 24, 2015|
|TPS Designation Date:||June 24, 2015|
In order for you to maintain Temporary Protected Status (TPS), you must re-register during the 60 day re-registration period that runs from from May 22, 2018 through July 23, 2018. We encourage you to register as soon as possible within the 60 day re-registration period.
Applicants for TPS must submit an I-821 application to USCIS, along with an I-765 application for an Employment Authorization Document with the appropriate filing fees. The applicant will have his fingerprints taken to check his background. In most cases, there is no live interview with a USCIS officer and the approval notice and work authorization card come in the mail. If the application is denied and the applicant is placed in removal proceedings, he or she has the right to have the denial reviewed by an immigration judge.
To be eligible for TPS, a foreign national must demonstrate that he or she:
- Is a national of a designated country.
- Has not been convicted of any felony or two or more misdemeanors in the United States.
- Is not subject to any of the mandatory bars to asylum for being a persecutor or member of a terrorist group.
- Filed an application during the initial registration period, or that he meets an exception for late initial registration.
- Has been physically present and residing in the United States continuously since the most recent designation of the country for TPS, with only brief, casual, and innocent departures from the United States.
- Has not committed any crimes that would render the individual inadmissible and ineligible from other immigration waivers.
If you are from Nepal and comply with the above requirements, call us at the office so we can help you renew in time: 770-913-0800 or send us your information at firstname.lastname@example.org.